Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Salsa and Sun

Hi all,

This past weekend was quite the learning experience. I learned two things (both good): that I am the de facto babysitter for my Primas, and how to Salsa dance.

Learning to Salsa was one of the best experiences I´ve had here. My PC friend (and next door neighbor) Julie´s host sisters took us to a salsa club. Andrea and Lorgie led us gringos (my firends Julie, Casey and me) into a flourecently lit room, and showed us the steps. Andrea quicky saw that I had gotten the hang of it and we danced like crazy. We really tore the dance floor up, but I was dismayed to see that the middle-aged couple next to us was putting us to shame. We are all going to take lessons and try to go dancing every fin de semana.

My primas are great. We´ve been playing futbol every chance we get. It is partially their fault that I am getting tan.

I´ll let you know how the salsa classes go.

Best,
Dave

2 comments:

Scott said...

Tell me you booty danced during your Salsa escapade. That would be phenomenal.

bruinsteve17 said...

Proud of you Bro.... good on you!